Atlanta is the capital of the US state of Georgia and the commercial hub as well. Nonetheless, it has everything for a tourist to put Atlanta at the top of their travel bucket list. You will find gorgeous green spaces like Piedmont Park, fascinating public art and the country’s best exhibit of the Giant Panda at the Zoo. We have assimilated a comprehensive list of things to do in Atlanta for you, to make your travel itinerary more exciting.
No matter what kind of traveller you are or what kind of place you like; Atlanta has something or the other to offer you. Our things to do in Atlanta list everything to cater to tourist from shopaholics to the culture vultures.
Have a look on our list of breathtaking things to do in Atlanta:
1. Alliance Theatre is the Tony award-winning Theatre Company that has been entertaining people since 1968.
2. Walk, run or take out your bicycle on the beautiful Atlanta Beltline trails.
3. Atlanta Botanical Garden is a beautiful and well-maintained botanical garden.
4. Atlanta History Center is a great place for the explorers who seek Knowledge, history and adventure.
5. Atlanta Station offers a splendid experience with all those amazing shops, restaurants and cine theatres.
6. Witness a concert by Atlanta Symphony Orchestra to experience music at its best.
7. Buford Highway is a paradise for food lovers- Asian, South Americana, Caribbean and Latino.
8. Centennial Olympic Park was developed for the 1996 Summer Olympics.
9. Center for civil and human rights serves as the conjuncture between the American Civil Rights Movements and today’s Global Human Rights Movements.
10. Center for Puppetry Arts is all about puppetry. It offers education, performance and a museum.
11. You are free to walk, run, hike, bike along the scenic trail in the Chattahoochee River or go for rowing in the river.
12. Children’s Museum of Atlanta empowers children with their unique ways of learning while playing.
13. You can’t miss the behind the scene tour at the CNN Studio.
14. Drop by the Criminal Records and might find some hard to find records over here.
15. Dad’s Garage Theatre Company is a wonderful local theatre that showcases improvised shows and original plays.
16. Delta Flight Museum is a gorgeous aviation museum exhibiting the marvellous aircraft.
17. Visiting the Fernbank Museum of Natural History is an amazing experience; filled with dinosaurs, live animals and artefacts.
18. Georgia Aquarium is home to more than a thousand aquatic animals representing over a thousand species.
19. High Museum of Art exhibits an interesting collection of artworks from classic to contemporary art.
20. Historic Oakland Cemetery serves as the largest green space in Atlanta and final resting place to many famous people.
21. Jackson Street Bridge is a great place to click some amazing pictures.
22. Jimmy Carter Presidential Library & Museum offers you a glimpse of the life and history of Jimmy Carter.
23. Krog Street Market is a bustling shopping and dining area in Atlanta.
24. When street art is concerned, Krog Street Tunnel is the best you will find in Atlanta.
25. Legoland Discovery Center Atlanta is an exciting indoor playground with rides and games zones.
26. You will find famous landmarks and modern-day monuments at Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park. Visiting this place with your family is a nice thing to do in Atlanta.
27. Mercedes-Benz Stadium is an excellent sport and entertainment facility centre of Atlanta.
28. Michael C. Carlos Museum (Emory University) exhibits artefacts and objects from Greece, Egypt, Africa and Ancient America.
29. The King Center exhibits artefacts and photos related to Martin Luther King and nonviolence.
30. Going on a Murals and Public Art tour is one of the fascinating things to do in Atlanta.
31. Museum of Design Atlanta is dedicated to celebration and study of everything that is related to designs.
32. Show off your skate skills or just a spectator at the Old Fourth Ward Skatepark/ Historic Fourth Ward to have a gala time.
33. Piedmont Park is a nice and soothing place to enjoy a great time with family.
34. Explore the Ponce City Market for tantalizing food and exciting shop options.
35. Hop into a car and experience speed and thrill at Porsche Experience Center Atlanta.
36. Scad Fash Museum of Fashion + Film is dedicated to fashion presented in form of films, exhibition and more.
37. Six Flags Over Georgia is among the biggest theme parks in Atlanta. It offers thrilling rides, activities and shows.
38. Skyline Park has emerged as a paradise for Instagrammers with its park, shopping area, carnival-themed roof and much more.
39. If you want to SEE Atlanta at its best then hop into the Ferris Wheel at Skyview Atlanta.
40. Enjoy a game of Hawks at State Farm Arena to feel the heat.
41. Stone Mountain Park is a wonderful theme park. It is famous for its scenic beauty, cable car ride, golf, carved peak and more.
42. You can’t miss the electrifying ambience during a baseball match at Suntrust Park.
43. Enjoy a game of bowling at The Painted Pin.
44. Squeeze out some time for The Shops Buckhead Atlanta to experience unmatched elegant and sophisticated collections.
45. The Varsity has become an indispensable part of Atlanta. Grabbing a quick snack from The Varsity is definitely one of the things to do in Atlanta.
46. Zoo Atlanta is home to more than 1500 animals. Witnessing The Giant Pandas are definitely one of the things to do in Atlanta.
47. Admiring the Bloom Art at the garden is one of the best things to do in Atlanta.