The city of San Diego has a rich history and serene scenic beauty that’s enough to make it to your bucket list. Its 70 miles long coastline and natural harbour have given the city an appealing personality. Experiencing its vibrant culture, seafood, and beer is definitely among the things to do in San Diego.
Go surfing, swimming or just laid- back on any of the beautiful beaches of San Diego to spend some quality time with your family and loved ones. The massive Mexican influence on the city is witnessed in the cuisine, culture and architecture of San Diego. You can explore other amazing destinations like Boston and Chicago with our list of interesting tourist spots.
Here, we bring you a comprehensive list of 49 amazing things to do in San Diego:
1. Balboa Park is a huge 1200 acres park. It has excellent zoos, Museums, Spanish revival buildings, restful cultivated areas, and amazing live shows.
2. Belmont Park is a fascinating amusement park along the Mission Beach. It has 12 rides, mini golf course, and the Giant Dipper.
3. Come and experience the marine life of the Pacific Ocean at Birch Aquarium. It is definitely one the best things to do in San Diego.
4. Cabrillo National Monument marks the spot where First European person had set foot on West Coast.
5. Visit Children’s Pool Beach to enjoy surfing, swimming and a great view of the winter resident of San Diego- seal and sea lions.
6. Hop into the world largest annual pop cultural festival- Comic-Con.
7. Coronado Beach, a long, soft and flat beach across the San Diego-Coronado Bridge, is a marvellous place.
8. Embarcadero offers you a stunning view across the Coronado Island. You can walk along the harbour front to enjoy a cool breeze.
9. Fleet Science Center is an amazing interactive science museum along with a grand planetarium.
10. San Diego’s Spanish history and proximity to Mexico is vibrantly evident in its Food and Drink.
11. Gaslamp Quarter is a 16-block heritage area with 94 historic building and more than 100 food places.
12. Come to La Jolla Cove to take a perfect snap of the breathtaking scenery offered by the California Coast.
13. La Jolla is a mesmerizing location offering its amazing cliffs with the cave, fine dining, and little coves where seal rest on the sand. It is one of the most enjoyable things to do in San Diego.
14. La Jolla Shores Park is one of the best beaches for families. It offers low surfs and very shallow gradient, ideal for surfing.
15. Liberty Public Market is a great place to devour your soul with enticing food served at the on-the-spot-dining.
16. Liberty Station serves a waterfront park. Formerly, it was Naval Training Centre founded 1923.
17. Little Italy is a vibrant little neighborhood that is home to the immigrants from Sicily and mainland Italy.
18. Little Italy Mercato Farmers’ Market is a beautiful local market. You will find more than 200 tents by local producers between the Front Street and Kettner Boulevard.
19. Maritime Museum of San Diego is the largest collection of historic vessels including boats, ships and submarines.
20. Mission Beach is famous for its party atmosphere. You will observe a young crowd near the beach area. A stroll on the Mission Beach is one of the essential things to do in San Diego.
21. Mission San Diego de Alcalá is the first Franciscan Mission in California. It is also the first Christian burial ground.
22. Mission Trails Regional Park is the sixth largest municipal park in the United States. It is a perfect destination for hiking, cycling and horse riding in the wild hills near San Diego.
23. Mormon Battalion Historic Site allows you to peak into the history of the only Battalion unit formed in the USA on the religious grounds.
24. Old Globe Theatre is considered as the pillar of culture in San Diego.
25. Old Point Loma Lighthouse is one of the oldest monuments in San Diego. Now it serves as a museum and prominent landmark.
26. You will find various historic buildings scattered in the Old Town San Diego State Historical Park.
27. Pacific Beach is a never-ending and magnificent beach. You can enjoy a stunning view of the Pacific coastline.
28. Pacific Surfliner is one of the most beautiful railway lines in the world. It offers a great view of the Pacific over sunset.
29. Petco Park is one of the Major League Baseball stadiums. Watching an electric game at Petco Park is among the things to do in San Diego.
30. Point Loma is located on the west side of the San Diego Bay. It is famous for its rugged topography, exciting history and a stunning view.
31. Point Loma Tide Pools is a rocky shoreline located in the western tip of the peninsula.
32. San Diego Air & Space Museum exhibits the evolution of human flight through genuine artefacts and models.
33. Take a -1 hour San Diego Harbor Cruise and visit more than 50 landmarks and ships of San Diego.
34. You will find a stunning blend of Spanish Renaissance and Baroque paintings at the San Diego Museum of Art. Its a must thing to do in San Diego.
35. San Diego Museum of Man, a hundred-year-old museum serves as a fun a way to learn the history of Native Americans.
36. San Diego Natural History Museum is the oldest scientific institution in Southern California.
37. San Diego Old Town is the site of the first European settlement in California.
38. San Diego Zoo is home to more than 650 species. It is considered as one the best zoos in the world.
39. Experience the real savanna wildlife in the midst of San Pasqual Valley at San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
40. San Diego-Coronado is a beautiful and elegant bridge across the San Diego Bay. It offers a stunning perspective of the city.
41. Seaport Village allows you a clear view of the bay. You will find more than 52 shops where you can collect souvenirs.
42. Sunset Cliffs Natural Park is a fascinating destination to enjoy a beautiful sunset, caves and natural arches.
43. San Diego is a paradise for Surfing lovers. The city offers 70 miles of open coastline with several surf spots.
44. Torrey Pines Gliderport is the perfect destination for paragliding and hangs gliding, which makes a must thing to so in San Diego.
45. Visit the prestigious Torrey Pines Golf Course. It was established in 1957 and U.S. Open was hosted here in 2008.
46. Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve sprawls over an area of 2000 acres. It is a National Natural Landmark offering a majestic view of the ocean.
47. USS Midway Museum is the longest-serving aircraft carrier in the world. Now it serves as a naval museum moored at San Diego.
48. You just can’t miss Whale Watching while you are in San Diego. It is one of the best things to do in San Diego.
49. Whaley House Museum is one of the famous haunted houses in the USA. Come here to experience some spooky on-goings.