Packing can be a tedious and boring thing to do while you are immersed in the beautiful images from the brochures of your destination. However, neglecting the importance/ frivolity of every item you pack might cause the bane of your life particularly when you are traveling alone. Thus, treat packing as a ceremony or ritual to be able to pick and pack essential and utility oriented items. Observing the predicament of many travelers, BeOnTrack brings you a comprehensive list of things to pack for every solo traveler.
You can also refer to the solo traveler mistakes to avoid for a safe and hassle-free solo travel.
List of essential things to pack for every solo traveler:
1. Keep your Passport and Visa documents in your carry-on first thing.
2. Carry your Body wash/ Shampoo/ conditioners in a small bottle to save space in your bag and avoid airport hassles as well.
3. Forget your Camera and get ready to regret lifelong.
4. Camera charger and an extra memory card are another essential.
5. Carry your Cash/wallet in your handbags so that it is safe and accessible.
6. Make sure you pack light Clothes that will take less space in your bags. Choose your clothes judiciously based on climate and weather conditions.
7. Deodorant always comes handy in hot, humid weather.
8. Earbuds allow you some sound sleep amidst the chaos of a hostel room.
9. You will understand the importance of Eu Adapter on your international tours. The plugging system in some countries is different.
10. When you stay in hostels, you need an Eye mask to find some sound sleep to rejuvenate your senses.
11. First aid kits are among the most important things to pack for every solo traveler.
12. Foldable bags come in handy when you need to stuff your shopping items.
13. Ensure your SIM has international roam or Get yourself a SIM card that works abroad separately from travels.
14. Gloves, scarf, and hat are very useful things to pack for every solo traveler when you are planning to go to cold places.
15. Goggles are a great piece of accessories if you like to dive into the water and admire the underwater life.
16. GPS and Maps are the best companions of any solo traveler across the world.
17. Hairbrush, Comb, Hair Gel, and Spray are all you need to fix your hair in minutes.
18. When you visit cold places, only then you know how important Lip Balm can be in a travelers’ life.
19. Always carry your emergency Medicines prescribed by your doctors particularly when you have any medical condition.
20. Moisturizer helps you deal with dry skin in cold places. Pack small containers of moisturizer to avoid over packing.
21. Painkillers are the savior when you experience sudden headaches or muscle pains during your traveling.
22. Phone chargers are as essential as your Smartphone itself. You won’t like the prospect of a drained battery when you have all half a day left.
23. Reading Material like Travel Guide and books makes your traveling more interesting.
24. Forget your Shaver and get ready to carry that unclean look for the rest of your trip.
25. Sleeping bag liner becomes your savior on camping trips. You can even use the sleeping bags when you don’t feel the bedding provided by the hotel is not clean enough.
26. Always carry some handy Snacks while you are traveling alone.
27. Socks is one of the important things to pack for every solo traveler.
28. Don’t forget to take your Spectacles, Contact Lenses and/or Contact Lenses Cleaner.
29. Sun cream is one of the most vital things to pack for every solo traveler heading towards a beach destination.
30. Don’t forget your Sunnies where you know the sun will be at its scorching best.
31. Carry your Swim gear and board shorts if you are eager to swim or participate in water sports.
32. Thermal Flask and Cup can come handy when are in cold places for camping or hiking.
33. Toothbrush and Toothpaste are among the essentials things to pack for every solo traveler.
34. Torch Or Flashlight is useful in light outs or walking through a dark street.
35. Don’t rely on the Towel provided the hotels, some hotel doesn’t provide them.
36. Trainers are the most comfortable footwear available in the market. They are ideal for traveling, look trendy and prevent you from blisters.
37. Trekking poles come handy on trekking and hiking tours.
38. One of the most crucial pieces of clothing that ensure your hygiene levels while traveling is your Underwear. Don’t forget to pack a set of underwear in your travel bag.
39. While visiting beaches, Flip-flops are as companions and it is among the best things to pack for every solo traveler.
40. Metal Water bottles are the ideal choice for traveling for their durability and hygiene.
41. Waterproof Macs come handy in cities prone to rain.
42. Add a clean set of underwear and a garment in your carry-on bag in case of lost luggage at airports.
43. Backpack Rain Cover helps you protect your backpack while raining places.